Housing industry leader, Manuel “Manny” Villar, snatched the 2nd spot in Forbes’ PH 50 Richest List 2018. From Rank 12 last year, Villar climbed the list by tripling his net worth of $1.65 billion to $5 billion. According to Forbes, this man got his wealth from real estate. Plus, he is the biggest home builder in the Philippines and also in Southeast Asia! This man changed the game in just a single year, and he keeps his career flourishing even at the age of 68. What’s the secret behind this? It’s investing in real estate!
Now, you wonder what’s with investing in real estate that lets you triple your money. No need to look further because here are the answers.
What is Real Estate?
Real estate is a property made up of land and the buildings on it. It also includes the natural resources of the land such as plants, crops, livestock, and minerals. It has three categories:
- Residential Real Estate – It is designed to be lived by people. It comprises houses, condominiums, townhouses, and even undeveloped lands.
- Commercial Real Estate – These properties engage in business activities. Office buildings, warehouses, and retail store buildings belong to this category.
- Industrial Real Estate – This involves the production of goods and other services within an economy. Examples are factories, mines, and farms.
Why Invest in Real Estate?
- It’s easy to start. Unlike other kinds of investment, you don’t need specialist knowledge to get involved. You can easily invest through the internet because there are many real estate properties for sale around the web. Just search and opt to the property that best suits you. Besides, you can also visit open houses and auctions for a wide range of choices.
- It’s a flexible investment. You can turn it into anything you want with the help of trusted home builders in the Philippines. It can be your dream house, a business center, or a state-of-the-art building. You can live the dream of having your own place or add some adjustments then sell it at a more attractive price. Either way, it’s a win for you.
- It helps you reach financial stability. The Philippines is one of the fastest growing economies of Southeast Asia. Due to the increasing number of tourists in our country, foreign buyers and renters of real estate are getting more popular, too. Meaning, your real estate property has a high chance of being sold to foreign people or being rented by tourists. Thus, raising your income and investment returns.
How Does Investing in Real Estate Works?
How real estate investments work and increase your money depends on your strategy. These are the most popular strategies:
- Buy and Hold – Having a buy-and-hold property requires research about the market, neighborhood, historical value, and property expenses. It’s a long-term investment wherein your property gets a higher value through time.
- Short-Term Rentals – In short-term rentals, you can get steady additional income while your property gets appreciation. You can also select your tenants. In other cases, you can add your property in Airbnb and engage in short-term vacation rentals.
- Quick Fix and Sell – This works if you want short-term investments to make money quickly. All you have to do is hire home builders in the Philippines to renovate your property and make it pleasing to potential buyers. If done and sold correctly, you can quickly profit from this strategy.
- Commercial Use – The commercial market is large, so engaging your real estate to business is a wise strategy. You can turn your property into tiny stores, high-rise buildings, or even shopping malls that will let you get significant cash flow.
Just like Manny Villar, you can triple your money by investing in the right property and hiring reputable home builders. All in all, this proves that investing in real estate in the Philippines lets you venture to different levels of financial and economic stability.